FuGENE® HD Transfection Reagent
- IN STOCK
- 1 mL
Widely Trusted DNA Transfection for Difficult-to-Transfect Cells
FuGENE® HD is a 100% synthetic, multi-component, non-liposomal transfection reagent designed for the delivery of DNA into more challenging eukaryotic and insect cell lines. FuGENE® HD interacts with nucleic acids & the cell’s membrane to provide efficient and safe entry into the cell. This mechanism allows users to overcome barriers in difficult-to-transfect lines such as primary cells, stem cells, and suspension cells, and has successfully been used to transfect over 1000 cell lines. With a protocol that is straight-forward and quick, FuGENE® HD allows researchers and scientists to free up valuable lab time.
Benefits of FuGENE® HD
- Avoid time-consuming optimization procedures by relying on high transfection efficiency proven in more than 1000 cell types, including many “hard-to-transfect” cells.
- Minimal to No Toxicity
- Transfect in serum-free or serum-containing media.
- Save time and effort by eliminating multiple handling steps. Simply dilute FuGENE® HD, incubate it with plasmid DNA, and pipet the mixture directly onto your cells.
- Use less reagent per transfection than competitor reagents.
HCT116 Cells were seeded in 96-well plates according to user guides and subsequently transfected with FuGENE® HD or Lipofectamine® 3000 (registered trademark of Life Technologies Corporation)+ GFP expressing plasmid at recommended 3:1 ratios. Cells were then analyzed via flow cytometry at 24, 48, and 72 hours post-transfection to measure +GFP expressing cells and total cell viability (propidium iodide). Graphs above show the superior performance of FuGENE® HD vs. Lipofectamine® 3000 in HCT116 cells.
Easy Optimization for High Performance Transfection
A549, COS7, HCT116, HEK293, and HeLa cells were seeded in 96-well plates according to users guide and subsequently transfected with FuGENE® HD Reagent & GFP expressing plasmid at various FuGENE® HD to Total DNA ratios. Cells were then analyzed after 24 hours for transfection efficiency utilizing flow cytometry. Data for normalized GFP expression is plotted in the graph to left highlighting the best FuGENE® HD to DNA ratio for each cell line tested.
- Virus & Protein Production
- Gene Expression
- Cellular Analysis
- Cancer Research
- Difficult-to-Transfect Cells
- Stable Cell Production